2017 is literally days away and summer 2017 is literally just around the corner, but if you’re still battling some holiday weight gain, then you may feel like some of your pants are fitting tight. The average holiday weight gain for most people can be anywhere from 7 to 10 pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas alone, with more or less for some adults. However, whether you’re dealing with average holiday weight gain or not, you do have plenty of options to help you get fit — even at this point in the year.
What are some solutions you can use to shed unwanted seasonal weight gain? Here are four suggestions you might consider this summer.
- Eat right. According to current research, 80% of maintaining a healthy weight is attributed to eating right. (The remaining 20% goes to exercise.) In order to start, make sure to cut the worst offenders from your diet: for most people, that’s processed sugars and alcohol. Supplement snack times and meals with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and eat lean meats over fried items. If you’re normally a fan of gulping down soda, hydrate with water instead. Talk to your doctor about what kind of diet may be right for you. Additionally, if you live near a Pumpd Nutrition make sure and stop by for a free nutrition assessment. If you don’t have time or prefer to keep more of your time we offer weekly Icon Meal packs for $65 and if you do not live near a Pumpd store just click here and enjoy a 10% discount on us (Discount code: PUMPD)!
- Get some exercise. Just because diet may play more of a role in weight maintenance and weight loss doesn’t mean that you should neglect exercise. Make sure you take the time to research a fitness program that could be right for you. For instance, you may prefer trying something new, like Zumba for beginners, if that’s something you’d like. Zumba at a club is an ideal sport for weight loss because it combines aerobic and cardiovascular exercises with movements that promote balance and coordination. You can also find general health and fitness clubs that offer custom workouts and exercise equipment, too. All of our locations have partnered with local gyms to offer exclusive deals so make her and pop in and get the hook up.
- De-stress. Most people know that stress leads to weight gain, but they may not know what to do about their problems with stress. One solution is to look into a luxury spa to find out about the different types of spa treatments that they offer. Massage is a popular way to reduce stress when you’re at your busiest, and between July 2013 and July 2014, 32.6 million took advantage of this treatment. During that time, at least 23% of those massage customers opted for this treatment in order to reduce stress. By taking the time for yourself to relax, you might be able to eliminate cravings and make healthier decisions on a day to day basis.
- Join a challenge – Being part of a challenge is exciting and motivating to be surrounded by dedicated, like-minded individuals. Group fitness is a great way to help motivate yourself and others to dig deeper and push harder in workouts. Some facilities require members to sign up in advance for specific classes. This is a great way to keep yourself accountable for your workouts. If you’re signed up and it’s on your schedule, there’s a good chance you won’t skip it. If your gym doesn’t require you to sign up, find a few classes that you want to take and invite a friend or pencil it in on your calendar. Secondly, the Pumpd challenge pays $1,000 in cash prizes to both the male and female winners!!! The second place male and female winners both get $250 and stacks to along with it.
Let us know if you need a Pumpd Nutrition approved coach to help you through your challenge if your in need of a coach.
How do you plan to beat your average holiday weight gain for 2017? Tell us your weight loss plan in the comments.