Best Exercises To Lose Weight – 8 Exercises To Burn 800 Calories In One Hour Or Less
We have busy lifestyles and sometimes when we allocate time for working out we need to ensure we maximize our calories burn as much as possible. So here in this post I am going to cover how to do 8 exercises that will burn 800 calories in 1 hour or less (learn how to eat healthy while living a busy lifestyle).
Yeahhhhh baby that’s a lot of calories so listen up you won’t have to do cardio as often if you are hitting it right with one of these 8 because these are the best exercises to lose weight guaranteed.
I know many of you have limited time and want to balance life because unless your a professional athlete no one wants to spend hours a day at the gym. However, I know most of us just want to lose a few pounds so we can fit into those jeans we bought two years ago or fit better into these jeans that are starting to tighten up around the waist.
We all know by now to drop those stubborn fat pounds we need to burn those darn excess calories that we have hanging around our midsection or love handles. Some of us girls even have them on the back of our arms or inside our thighs…….hmm imagine that. Our bodies store excess calories as fat (just a small note if your eating sugary cereal, drinking soda, eating fried foods I can guarantee you that you will be storing more fat) when we go over our BMR so if you do not know what your daily basal metabolic rate is please check out the calculator and start there so you know how many calories you should be taking in daily.
Now for those that may have thought you can do spot reduction let me tell you that is not how it works you cannot do a thousand situps and expect to only lose fat in your belly. Everyone is different and will lose fat in different places and at different rates so just ensure you are maximizing your caloric burn during each workout.
These following 8 exercises (in an hour or less) are the best at maximizing that caloric burn and trust me using the elliptical machine to burn 800 calories is NOT one of them. If you tried that you would probably be there until tonight trying to reach 800 calories. Still with me?
Calories burned is not an exact science and yes there are elements that will vary the caloric burn for all of us so remember there is always a +/- variance with everything. — best exercises to lose weight —
- Treadmill Intervals – You have probably done the treadmill before but with this variant you will get close to the 800 calories. The key here is the change speeds, adjust the incline and the manner in which you are running on the treadmill is what will push your body to the max. Also throw in short all out sprints and this will really push yourself into the 80-90% heart rate zone.
- Hill Sprints – For those of you that do not have a gym membership there is no gym or equipment required for this one. Find yourself a nice size hill I would say at least a good 75 feet run and sprint it all the way up. Once you reach the top of the hill you are going to throw in some high blasting caloric burn body exercises at 10 reps each (ex. burpees, squat jumps, push up jacks and planks). Once your done with those run back down to the bottom of the hill and rest for 10-20 seconds and REPEAT!! Do this until 45 minutes has elapsed. Say bye bye bye stubborn fat!
- Swimming – This exercise is one of the best total body workouts! When you swim you are just about using every muscle in your body and for 45 minutes I want you to rotate between freestyle, butterfly and breast stroke. You can take small breaks if you get winded easy doing this but the 45 minutes along will burn 800 calories that are trying to be stored as fat.
- Boxing – If you are a boxing fan or watch boxing like I do you probably notice most boxers are RIPPED! They get like this because of their training its high intensity 3 minute intervals. If you have access to a bag you get in front of that bag and punch, kick and strike that bag without stopping for 2 minutes straight (no joke not stopping and actually using power) and then take a second second break. Once your break is up repeat my friend let’s do this for 11 rounds! Some of you may think cool were done umm no your not next grab a jump rope and rope for 45 seconds and take 30 seconds of rest and then repeat 19 more times for a total of 20. Now pat yourself on the back now your done and I know you feel it but gosh darn-it you just burned 800 calories!!! — best exercises to lose weight —
- Cycling Sprints – Cycling is a fantastic method for building muscles not only in your legs but also for your bottom (who doesn’t want a great booty?) This workout increases your heart rate DRAMATICALLY but get your speed up to 16-19mph range and BOOM you will burn 1,000 calories in an hour. If you want to push yourself to the limit try doing all out sprints for like 30 seconds sprinkled in the workout duration. Soon I am going to get my butt into LA Fitness next door and do a spinning class with my great friend and customer Tom he teaches one of the classes and I wanna see what my friend Tom can do.
- Compound Workout – Some of you may already be doing this but I want you to combine heavy lifting with high intensity cardio instead of just standing around after each set. When you do this your making your body do two things the first obviously reaching our goal of burning 800 calories in an hour or less. Secondly, you bump your EPOC like CRAZY!!!! By bumping your EPOC you basically create MASSIVE calorie burning action even after your done working out (read about EPOC). I love this method because your killing two birds with one stone (not literally I love birds) but its a great way to add serious muscle, burn calories and all within 60 minutes.
- Rows – This is a good workout I used to do this one all the time. You can easily burn 800-1,000 calories in an hours worth of work and trust me its, WORK. If you start getting tired easy rotate by doing full out blasts for roughly 30 seconds then back off slow rowing for about 1-2 minutes. Always keep your body guessing so if 2 minutes of slow is to easy then don’t be comfortable push your level up just remember alternating speeds is always better for more caloric burn versus one speed the entire time.
- Classes That Use Weights/Cardio – These are the classes that combine aerobic movements with dumbbells or other weighted pieces of equipment. These classes are an awesome way to get a total body workout because they work all your muscles and your cardiovascular system.
So if your meals were dialed in correctly you theoretically should be in a caloric deficit and have lost a pound of fat. This is the opposite of what we discussed earlier (caloric surplus) where you were storing calories which were making us fluffier. I used to weight myself all the time but now I know since I am building lean muscle to focus more on how I feel, look and back into my body fat percentages to monitor my progress.
Like This Article? Click on the button below and get access to our coupon and detailed articles to help you with fitness journey!
Smoothie time guys! Bought a new plyo-metrics jump box for my home gym so I am gonna tear it up today!