Best Foods to Suppress Appetite So Lets Analyze How Foods Can Help
If your like me or like many people you may struggle with weight and its usually a constant fight. The fight is either to add some muscle weight, lose some body fat weight or just trying to maintain so your not out growing your pants or new pants you just picked up at the department store.
For those of you that love to eat like me I have some good news! There are some foods that you can focus more on eating that will be nutritious but more importantly start helping you reach your goal weight because they help fight those hunger attacks! Now by taking this approach when you do eat your normally scheduled meals you are now choosing much healthier choices because you are not so hungry you can eat a horse by this time.
After so many years research is being released regarding what I am about to disclose below and some of you may be using this but these are some of the tricks I have in my arsenal in order to get me through the day.
Suppressing In 1 Supplement
There are days (several actually) where I want to take the easy route because if I have a busy meeting filled day I need something strong to get me through the day. For those of you in the office environment/corporate type jobs you know exactly what I mean but for those that are not let me describe this situation some for you. So in this environment I would always struggled staying lean and that is why I never had my six pack back then because we were always meeting and eating. I am telling you during my time in the corporate industry it was literally meeting after meeting or conference call after conference call and most of these meetings they were asking you which box lunch did you want.
So that is when I finally said OK I need something in a supplement to get me through the day, plan my meals and start seeing some small successes. So for those that know me I go big or go home so I chose the Ultra Concentrate and let me tell you I no longer had an issue saying no to the cheesecakes and box lunches I just was not hungry anymore.
The other two that I recommend that I use at least three times a week now are these:
- Crash (take this for adrenal support, cortisol control and hormonal balance and the sleep is so restful)
- Oxy ECA by Lecheek (not for the weak but this CRUSHES appetite)
Best Foods To Suppress Appetite Here Are the Top 10
So now its time to dive in and I am going to show you which 10 foods are best to eat in order to suppress your appetite:
- Apples – Apples are great for weight loss and and also can be used for a post workout snack before you take your shake. They are low in calories, fat and are loaded with fiber. The fiber is what keeps you fuller longer which is suppressing your appetite. Apples made the list because they are full of pectin which is proven to reduce appetite and another great benefit is it helps you lower cholesterol.
- Oatmeal – Now Oatmeal is like one huge serving of fiber its in my opinion one of the best to help you stay feeling full longer. Now I am not referring to those instant Oatmeal packs so don’t even buy those. I am referring to steel cut oats the real deal of good quality oats that break down slowly and provide a constant stream of energy all day long. For those that are pre metabolic or diabetic this option is great because it is low on the glycemic index. Oatmeal lowers ghrelin levels which is the trigger the appetite feeling so go out and get some oats.
- Pine nuts – This little golden nugget actually contains pinolenic acid and if you didn’t know this is the polyunsaturated fat that curbs our appetite. The part I love the most if these little suckers are packed with protein which is the building block of muscles.
- Flaxseeds – Now these seeds are high in Omega-3’s which is a healthy fat and they are also high in fiber. These seeds actually slow down the uptake of sugar from the foods we eat which help reduce appetite.
- Water – I think I have covered this in several posts but most of you do not want to hear this but you need to be drinking a gallon a day. Want to give your metabolism even more of a boost then steep some green tea into your gallon and boom there you go. You will be more energetic, more focused and burning more calories. When I was first starting off in my fitness journey one of my nutritionists would hear me say I was still hungry and made me adapt a practice to test if I were hungry or not. He would tell me when you feel “hungry” I want you to pour a large glass of water and drink it all and after 10 minutes see if you are still hungry. What he taught me was many of us were not drinking enough water and when we think were “hungry” the feeling is actually a sign of thirst, crazy right!!
- Green tea – Not only is this bad boy an anti-oxidant but it is also an appetite suppressant and will keep you healthy in more than one way.
- Whey protein – My favorites and if you look in my kitchen cabinets I have like 9 bottles I like to try them all. Protein affects our hormones that control hunger and it is excellent to maintain and support lean muscle growth. Research shows that people that take protein feel fuller and this product is excellent to add to any fitness goal.
- Low-cal soups – These are secretly me stuffing you full of your water that you are not drinking during the day (that 1 gallon) plus you can eat a lot without consuming excessive amount of calories.
- Salad – Now this option is high in fiber such examples are; broccoli, cabbage, asparagus and I like to tend to stick to green veggies.
- Dark chocolate – That bitter taste is actually an appetite suppressant but let’s not make this an excuse to indulge and blow out our calories. Dark chocolate helps lower the ghrelin levels in your body and this may sound silly but just smelling the chocolate can help reduce your hunger slightly but my urges were to strong just smelling it didn’t work on me I had to take a bite.
Want my bonus list? I actually use these foods in my daily meals which are my little secrets to keeping lean.
So if you can just work on introducing a few of these foods from this list you are well on your way to getting a handle on controlling your appetite. This is the first step in gaining control of your fitness journey and more importantly your health.