It’s no joke we bust our butts in the gym day in and day out and in the past when a holiday….
comes around or even a special event (ex. wedding, family reunion etc) its the times we gain so much weight.
For some of us we eat so little carbs that when we do boom we blow up which is another post in itself but
if you don’t know build more muscle so your not blowing up with say 60 grams of carbs per day. You need
more complex carbs in your daily routine.
If you are consistent with your training and eating you really don’t have to worry about additional calories
on the occasional holiday that comes around. Here are 5 tips you can follow to ensure you are at a minimum
eating to feed those muscle gains.
1. Go small more often – so if you eat a smaller meal before lunch and one before that grill out dinner you are
to eat less when the actual meals come. Additionally, you will keep your metabolism in check maintaining
muscle size and fat stores low.
2. Don’t Ditch Dessert – After a workout, we all know its important to knock down some fast acting protein
(whey based) and then a dessert this time. After we train we have torn muscle fiber and we need fast acting
protein and fast digesting protein to start the growth process. Now the dessert will have the fast acting carbs
which will drive insulin levels up which quickly helps to restore glycogen levels in the muscle.
3. Eat More – Train Hard – In order to build muscle we require more food, more calories just more surplus period.
However, don’t misinterpret this and think if all it takes is swallowing all the food at the holiday gatherings we would all
be on stage competing. Calories are important but the key here is the quality of calories we are taking in are important.
4. Eat Wisely – When going to the dessert table make sure you eat just 1 to 2 small slices not half the cake. Serving size is
critical so stay focused. Do not overeat and remember to get in your 5 to 6 meals per day.
5. Get Your Carbs – Most bodybuilders need about 50 to 60% of their daily macros to be carbs to lift heavy and keep
their energy levels up. Stay as close as you can this holiday to the slower burning carbs.
restaurants 77041, 77041 restaurant, smoothies 77041, weight loss 77041