Fit People Are – Check Out What Google Says
So Google became famous because of their search engine its just the baddest thing around even businesses when trying to sell and all that stuff they try to rank where, Google. So one of the features of Google is that it has predictive search and when you start typing search terms it starts completing it for you.
Well when you start to type “fit people are” you start to get many different options such as the ones you see in the picture.
- fit people are more successful
- fit people are happier
- fit people are harder to kill
- fit people are smarter Continue reading Fit People Are – Check Out What Google Says
Michelle Lewin – A Look Into Her Muscle & Fitness Journey
Height: 5’4″ – 162 cm
Weight: 120 lbs – 54 kg
How she started with her muscle & fitness journey…
Michelle Lewin had previously already been in modelling for some years but as she had to stay in shape she was training and becoming a gym junkie like many of us. However, as she was training and eating right her abs started to show so the modelling gigs now were coming from fitness magazines and supplement companies more often. Now if your into the fitness industry and follow some of the top players like Michelle Lewin you now know shes sponsored by Betancourt Nutrition .
So like many people that start getting results her friends started pushing her to give NPC a shot and it started the fire for her new found passion.
Why fat gets a bad rap and how it CAN and will make you fat!
There are three categories in our macros; Fat, carbohydrates and Protein.
All the foods we eat fall into one of the macros but picture all of these like you have three buckets of different sizes you can fill over the entire day but if one over fills the surplus gets stores as yes you guessed it, FAT.
Each macro has an assigned calorie and here they are; both protein and carbohydrates have 4 calories in each gram, BUT fat has 9 calories per gram….
So if your good at numbers (I was a math nerd) you will have noticed foods with higher fat content will be much higher in calories. Fats will have considerably more calories than a low fat food weighing the same amount plain and simple.
The reason why people gain weight in the first place is overeating but not to over simplify this it is much easier for anyone to over eat when foods are higher in fat.
So then some of you may just be saying ok Claudia so then, Why are fats good?
There are pecs and then there are boobs. And it turns out, up to 50 percent of men in the U.S. have the latter, according to a review from the Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine. And FYI, the condition’s called gynecomastia.
But don’t buy stock in the bro (thanks, Kramer!) just yet. Assuming you aren’t born with a genetic disorder like Klinefelter syndrome that can cause the condition, bra-ready jugs are pretty simple to avoid if you heed the causes. Breast tissue—which both women and men possess—feeds off of estrogen hormones. While women naturally have more estrogen, and men naturally have more androgen hormones, men can easily get their estrogens-to-androgens ratio out of whack. The result: Sprouting boobs faster than your high school’s head cheerleader.
Here, the 8 sneakiest cup-fillers:
1. Abusing Alcohol
Slamming a six-pack of beer every night is bad for more than one’s belly. Alcohol affects the liver’s ability to get rid of excess estrogen. Plus, phytoestrogens (compounds that mimic true estrogen in the body) are present in the hops used to make beer, and in plants involved in the making of alcoholic beverages. And because the liver is largely responsible for metabolizing hormones, a less-than-efficient one can convert many androgens into estrogens, resulting in an exceedingly feminine chest, says Robert D. Galiano, MD, a plastic surgeon at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
2. Taking Steroids
A shrinking scrotum isn’t steroids’ only threat to your manhood. So are “bitch tits,” a name reserved for the breasts men grow after taking anabolic steroids to bulk up. This phenomenon is caused when the body converts the ridiculous amounts of testosterone in steroids into estrogen. About half of his gynecomastia patients are bodybuilders, many of whom either have B and C cup-sized breasts as well as puffy nipples, he says.
3. Gaining Weight
Sure, more fat can put some padding on your chest, but it can also throw your muscle-to-fat ratio out of whack. “As your ratio of fatty tissue to lean tissue raises, the body produces more estrogen hormones and less androgen hormones,” Galiano says. The result: real-live boobage. No wonder it’s so hard to find a date while sporting a (non-silicon-induced) 32DD-sized chest.
4. Going on Deprivation Diets
Deprive yourself of adequate nutrition and your testosterone levels will drop. Your estrogen levels, not so much. While some men develop breasts during times in which they are skimping on food, others don’t grow breasts until their nutrition levels and food intake return to normal. Commonly referred to as “refeeding gynecomastia,” the phenomena was first noted in 1945 in the Journal of the American Medical Association, when men liberated from World War II prison camps grew breast tissue within a few weeks of resuming an adequate diet. Continue reading 8 Things Guys Do That Can Give Them Man Boobs
Vitamin B12 Benefits
Vitamin B12 is a dependable, safe and an affordable vitamin. For health-conscious people, a routine ingestion of a good vitamin B12 is an essential component for maintaining a balance in your body. B12 could be had from food sources or might be taken in a type of nutritional supplements like b12 liquid or b12 pills.
In conjunction with other B-group vitamins, vitamin B12 ensures the smooth operation of essential life processes of your body. It’s important for keeping up a healthier nervous system and DNA generation. Vitamin B12 helps to modulate the formation of red blood cells within the body. Other vitamin B12 benefits contain its part in preserving and raising energy levels in your body. We’ve all heard b12 weight loss is so effective and combined with a thermogenic or fat burner you only increase effectiveness and b12 vitamins for energy is always the number one reason to take this vitamin.
Vitamin B12 is tremendously valuable in several types. Methylcobalamin, the form of Vitamin B12 is a body-friendly variation, meaning it might be used it in its normal form plus no measures are necessary for the ingestion just take with water or drop it in your smoothie and you won’t even taste it. Hydroxocobalamin is another kind of vitamin B12 that is recognized as a successful treatment for cyanide poisoning.
Research studies show a clear, inverse correlation between homocysteine (an amino acid within the human body) degrees and vitamin B12 amounts. Continue reading Vitamin B12 Benefits and Why You Can’t Sleep at Night
Healthy Happy Valentines – That Allows You To Stay Sexy!
Wow so were just a little over a week away from Valentines how time is just passing by. Well I wanted to throw out a couple of ideas out there so we can keep it fun but light as possible for this romantic holiday!
I have gotten some requests for this and love when I get requests from the ladies I want to help you steer clear of going to deep down the wrong path.
When you try some of these recipes hashtag them with pumpdnutrition so I can see them on our Instagram.
No matter what your plans are either a cozy night with a loved one or with the kids showing them how to celebrate this holiday it’s time we reward ourselves but enjoying this night is a must!
For all you single gals out there, go out there an have fun with your friends just make these on the weekend. Maybe if you do meet someone then you have someone you can try these recipes on.
Here are some of my favorites, Enjoy…
Pumpd Chocolate Cups
This desert is so simple, light and will make a huge impression with its beautiful presentation.
Simple Ingredients List Continue reading Healthy Valentine Dessert Recipes That Allows You To Stay Sexy!
Valentine Workout Plan Below –
Ok we have thirteen days left until Valentine’s Day and some of you still have no Valentines but I have couple tips in this post that can help those of you asking How to get a valentine date because this is clever!! You can thank me later.
Now those of you that have a Valentine already I’ve got some workouts that can be done together to make it a hot couples workout for the day!
I don’t know about many of you but on days I don’t work out I just don’t feel as pumpd its like my mood isn’t the same so I workout regardless (more like an active rest day).
Below you will see seven workouts that you and a partner can do to feel great and burn off some energy but more importantly some calories in case your trying some of my keep it sexy dessert recipes (stay tuned will drop it this week).
Now for those of you that still haven’t ask someone to be your Valentine’s listen up because this will work. Here’s the scenario my friend…..
So you’ve been checking out this person that you would love to ask out for Valentines but just haven’t had the courage and more so just didn’t know exactly how to do it.
First read my workouts below then read my solution below so it all makes sense, trust me……
Love needs our time, attention and effort and so why not do like most power couples do and workout together it increases the bond between two people, the trust and health.
By showing your partner you are committed to fitness and involving them you are taking your Valentine’s Day to the next level you just better have some of those desserts I tipped you on and some bubbly hiding around for later, enjoy! —– valentine workout —–
1. Valentine Triathlon —– valentine workout —–
Ok start your day off by heading the gym together for a swim usually very early in the morning the pool is not and warm then head outdoors for a 5 mile bike ride and ending with a 2 mile jog but more at a slower pace to enjoy some conversation and hear the birds chirping such a beautiful experience living in the now. Keep in mind a couple that works out together has better chemistry, energy and better health so pick three activities to formulate your own triathlon if these are not your cup of tea.
2. Valentine’s Boot-camp —– Hot Couples Workout —–
OK maybe because I love being creative I find this one very fun! Create a small Valentine boot-camp style setup with rose petals around your mini course or décor to your liking. The style here for kissing burpees at the end of each set of 10 you kiss, 90 second wall squats and kiss for 20 seconds afterwards (remember these from the P90x days!!!), and once you have a few of you calisthenics out of the way end with a 2 mile jog. Enjoy each other have fun and take action!
3. V-Day Bowling —- How to get a Valentine Date —-
Google where you nearest bowling alley is and invite your significant other to a bowling game. As many of you know if you keep the game active and going you can work up a little light cardio with this game and that heavy bowling ball! At the end of each round show some small sign of affection for the romantic holiday. If your not wanting to leave the house and you have a Nintendo Wii then try the tennis or bowling game it is sure to keep you moving right along. Continue reading Valentine Workout – Hot Couples Workout or Helps How To Get A Valentie Date
The human body produces digestive acid that has often been considered as a by-product of metabolism. Most of the acid is excreted through urine. Some of it is also lost when you perspire. However, your body will have to retain some amount of it. This is exactly where alkaline water comes in.
1. Boosts Metabolism:
Many of us these days love to complain about our metabolic system. We often envy women who eat as much as they like and never put on weight. If you are someone who feels exactly like this, then you have some good news. Alkaline water effectively helps you boost metabolism. It is better than plain water and aids in the absorption of nutrients quickly.
2. Builds Muscles:
With Alkaline water, you can also build healthy and lean muscles. Alkaline water preserves the muscle mass and protects you from dangerous diseases such as renal failure and obstructive lung disease. If you know someone who is old, please tell them to add more alkaline water to their diet. It could be a life changing experience for them.
3. Reduces Signs Of Aging:
Signs of aging start to appear even when you are in your late 20s. This is primarily because of bad weather and harsh climate. This is why it is very important to moisturize your skin daily. Ensure you eat healthy and drink plenty of alkaline water. It not only helps moisturize the skin, but also acts as an antioxidant and damages the free radicals. Continue reading Why Do We Need Alkaline Water?
2017 is literally days away and summer 2017 is literally just around the corner, but if you’re still battling some holiday weight gain, then you may feel like some of your pants are fitting tight. The average holiday weight gain for most people can be anywhere from 7 to 10 pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas alone, with more or less for some adults. However, whether you’re dealing with average holiday weight gain or not, you do have plenty of options to help you get fit — even at this point in the year.
What are some solutions you can use to shed unwanted seasonal weight gain? Here are four suggestions you might consider this summer.
- Eat right. According to current research, 80% of maintaining a healthy weight is attributed to eating right. (The remaining 20% goes to exercise.) In order to start, make sure to cut the worst offenders from your diet: for most people, that’s processed sugars and alcohol. Supplement snack times and meals with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and eat lean meats over fried items. If you’re normally a fan of gulping down soda, hydrate with water instead. Talk to your doctor about what kind of diet may be right for you. Additionally, if you live near a Pumpd Nutrition make sure and stop by for a free nutrition assessment. If you don’t have time or prefer to keep more of your time we offer weekly Icon Meal packs for $65 and if you do not live near a Pumpd store just click here and enjoy a 10% discount on us (Discount code: PUMPD)!
- Get some exercise. Just because diet may play more of a role in weight maintenance and weight loss doesn’t mean that you should neglect exercise. Make sure you take the time to research a fitness program that could be right for you. For instance, you may prefer trying something new, like Zumba for beginners, if that’s something you’d like. Zumba at a club is an ideal sport for weight loss because it combines aerobic and cardiovascular exercises with movements that promote balance and coordination. You can also find general health and fitness clubs that offer custom workouts and exercise equipment, too. All of our locations have partnered with local gyms to offer exclusive deals so make her and pop in and get the hook up.
- De-stress. Most people know that stress leads to weight gain, but they may not know what to do about their problems with stress. One solution is to look into a luxury spa to find out about the different types of spa treatments that they offer. Massage is a popular way to reduce stress when you’re at your busiest, and between July 2013 and July 2014, 32.6 million took advantage of this treatment. During that time, at least 23% of those massage customers opted for this treatment in order to reduce stress. By taking the time for yourself to relax, you might be able to eliminate cravings and make healthier decisions on a day to day basis.
- Join a challenge – Being part of a challenge is exciting and motivating to be surrounded by dedicated, like-minded individuals. Group fitness is a great way to help motivate yourself and others to dig deeper and push harder in workouts. Some facilities require members to sign up in advance for specific classes. This is a great way to keep yourself accountable for your workouts. If you’re signed up and it’s on your schedule, there’s a good chance you won’t skip it. If your gym doesn’t require you to sign up, find a few classes that you want to take and invite a friend or pencil it in on your calendar. Secondly, the Pumpd challenge pays $1,000 in cash prizes to both the male and female winners!!! The second place male and female winners both get $250 and stacks to along with it.
Let us know if you need a Pumpd Nutrition approved coach to help you through your challenge if your in need of a coach.
How do you plan to beat your average holiday weight gain for 2017? Tell us your weight loss plan in the comments.
4 Supplements For Better Digestive Health
We rarely think about health – until there is a problem. This is especially true with our digestive health, which is unfortunate, as a healthy digestive system is vital for good health. The series of organs from mouth to colon are responsible for the proper digestion and absorption of nutrients and the elimination of waste products and toxins from our bodies.
The center of this digestive system, the gut, includes the stomach and intestines and is home to millions (nearly 3 pounds) of “good” bacteria that are responsible for digesting your food, producing vitamins, regulating hormones, and excreting toxins. Good digestive health begins with supporting these beneficial bacteria and helping them do their job.
You can support your healthy digestion and maintain balance by:
- Taking digestive enzymes with your meals.
- Taking probiotic supplements, to support healthy bacteria.
- Taking Omega-3 fatty acid supplements to reduce gut inflammation.
- Taking gut-healing glutamine and zinc supplements.
Let’s look at each of the four supplements individually:
- Digestive Enzymes – Digestive enzymes are responsible for the breaking down of food into smaller, usable portions. A lack of digestive enzymes can lead to indigestion, bloating, gas and flatulence, and heartburn. The more popular enzymes are papain, lipase, and bromelain, most are tablets that can easily be taken with meals to ensure they are available for proper digestion.
- Probiotic Supplements – Probiotic supplements replace or reinforce the “good” gut bacteria and yeast needed for healthy digestion. The most prevalent bacteria are lactobacillus, bifidobacterium and acidophilus. Probiotics are especially useful after medical treatment using antibiotics. The antibiotics treatments will destroy your healthy growth of bacteria in your intestines and probiotic supplements can help to restore your balanced and healthy gut bacteria.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids – Omega 3 fatty acids found in Fish Oil supplements support the growth and survival of probiotic bacterial strains in your gut. Omega 3 fatty acids also reduce inflammation of the lining of the stomach and intestines by countering the effects of Omega 6 acids which cause the inflammation. You should be taking a quality omega-3 supplement in the form of a omega-3 fish oil to keep your gut happy and healthy.
- Glutamine and Zinc – The amino acid L-glutamine repairs cells and maintains the gut barrier (lining) while maintaining the mucus coating the digestive tract. Zinc (use zinc carnosine) has been shown to directly repair the stomach and intestinal lining without irritating it. This pair of supplements work together to heal and repair damage from ulcers and leaky gut.