NX5 Revolution 180ct
NITRIC OXIDE MATRIX
Agmatine Sulfate helps improve nutrient partitioning which leads to an increase in muscle glycogen (carbs stored in muscle tissues) which then leads to more water retained WITHIN the muscle. This creates a fuller look to the muscles and a greater pump while hitting the iron.
- Agmatine Sulfate also increases NO production by working as a competitive inhibitor of the enzyme NO Synthase.
- There are studies to suggest that the nutrient partitioning effects of agmatine sulfate are possibly due to its ability to increase the insulin response to carbohydrates. This could be further explained by the increased blood flow to the muscle that occurs with increased NO production.
- LH and GH levels have been shown to be increased through the effects of Agmatine Sulfate and its possible effects on the hypothalamus.
- Agmatine has also been shown to manipulate pain receptors which may allow you to train past normal pain thresholds.
GlycoCarn (Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine HCL):
Glycocarn is a highly bioavailable form of Carnitine. Carnitine is crucial in muscle function by regulating energy flow across the cell membranes during strenuous activity.
- Glycocarn can help increase nitric oxide levels. Increasing Nitric Oxide helps blood flow to organs and muscles and optimizes oxygen and nutrient delivery to the muscles.
- All this can help to increase aerobic power, stamina, endurance, and recovery.
- Jacobs et al. (2009) discovered that resistance trained males who supplemented with Glycocarn 90 minutes before exercise were able to increase peak power production (2-15%) and decrease lactic acid accumulation (15-17%).
NOX5 Arginine Matrix (Arginine AKG, Arginine HCL, Arginine Oratate, Arginine Ethyl Ester, Arginine HCL):
L-Arginine is a semi-essential amino acid and is a chemical precursor to nitric oxide (a blood vessel-widening agent).
- When arginine enters the body it stimulates nitric oxide pathways. This process vasodilates (enlarges) blood vessels and helps deliver more of the much needed oxygen rich blood and nutrients to working muscles in order to achieve the pump and ultimately muscle growth.
- Arginine also triggers the body to make protein and has been studied for healing wounds, bodybuilding, and preventing tissue degradation in people with critical illnesses.
- A 2010 study conducted by Bailey et al. discovered supplemental arginine for 3 days was able to enhance nitric oxide production and decrease oxygen consumption (7%) while improving time to exhaustion by 25% in otherwise healthy men.
Ornithine when bound by salt at the molecular level to Orotate (orotic acid) is much more bio-available than its HCL or free form.
- Ornithine works in synergy with arginine in the metabolism of waste caused by intense exercise.
- By increasing the nitric oxide production and decreasing waste you are able to train longer and decrease fatigue.
- A 2008 study conducted by Sugino et al. discovered supplementation with ornithine was able to reduce perceptions of fatigue to 52% of placebo on a prolonged endurance test and was able to reduce ammonia accrual during exercise.
HICA is short for DL-Alpha-Hydroxy-Isocaproic Acidand is the end result of leucine metabolism in human tissues.
- Studies have shown that HICA can enhance anaerobic and aerobic performance as well as help to promote optimal gains in muscle mass and muscle fiber size.
- However, the biggest benefit of HICA can be the reduction of delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS).
- Mero et. al (2010) discovered male soccer players who supplemented with HICA over a 4 week period were able to increase whole lean body mass and reduce soreness by 23% compared to placebo.
Citrulline Malate is a non-essential amino acid that eventually converts to nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is a vasodilator that can help to lower blood pressure and improve blood flow to both organs and muscles.
- Studies have shown that Citrulline Malate enhances exercise tolerance by reducing levels of blood ammonia and lactate that are typically elevated during strenuous exercise.
- This ingredient will allow you to train with less rest in between sets and elevate your endurance capacity.
- A recent research study found individuals who consumed citrulline malate for 15 days were able to increase ATP production during exercise by 34% and improve phospho-creatine resynthesis after exercise by 20%.
L-Norvaline is an analog of the branched chain amino acid, valine. It can be found in foods such as dairy, meat, grains, soy and peanuts. Since valine is an essential amino acid, L-Norvaline has to be obtained through the diet or supplementation, as the body cannot produce it.
- Norvaline works in conjunction with arginine and other nitric oxide precursors by extending or prolonging their activity.
- By prolonging this period more nitric oxide production can occur, even when the muscle cells supply of arginine starts to run low.
- One study has shown L-Norvaline can effectively increase the production of NO by as much as 60%.
Taurine, has a myriad of benefits. From helping the body to metabolize fat, improving insulin sensitivity, raising testosterone levels, as an antioxidant, higher performance and quicker recovery during athletic training and increasing cardiovascular health… it goes without saying that Taurine is a great ingredient to have in your wheelhouse
- Zhang et al. (2004) found that individuals who supplemented with taurine for 1 week before an exhaustive exercise bout significantly improved time to exhaustion, VO2 max, and maximal workload. It also decreased exercise induced DNA damage.
Beet Juice Extract:
Beta Vulgaris, also known as the common beet, has been shown to significantly reduce blood pressure. With this ingredient you can get a pump while lowering your blood pressure.
- Beet has also been shown to lower the oxygen cost of exercise and improve exercise tolerance.
- Lansley et al. (2011) found beet supplementation resulted an in mean power increase of 5%. Other studies have also shown supplementation with beet can improve time trial performance by 3-15%.
While operating in much the same way as vanadyl sulfate, OxoVanadium is an organic complex of glycine and vanadium and is much more readily absorbed by the body.
- Vanadium has been shown to significantly improve glycemic control and thus improve liver and muscle sensitivity to insulin.
- Vanadium may also be able to lower triglycerides (fat) in the body.
- Cusi et al. found that subjects who supplemented with Vanadium for six weeks had less heptatic glucose production and less fasting blood glucose.