Eating Healthy On A Busy Schedule Secrets Revealed
Busy lifestyle and trying to eat clean and healthy……..NOT EASY!!
Does this sound like the situation your in?
Do you find yourself just constantly on the move and missing meals and settling for lower quality food or even worse skip meals?
For a lot of working people it seems like our life has gotten so busy and were expected to muli-task and expected to keep up. However, along with keeping up with all of these everyday tasks where is our time left for eating healthy? We read all the newspaper, magazine and online articles telling us how important it is but we could be close to closing a deal the last thing on our mind is eating healthy.
Then finally when we realize we are super hungry all that is readily available is fast foods so eating healthy isn’t always an option when dealing with this type of schedule. Even when going to restaurants it can be a challenging task and trying to pick out a “healthy” option if there are even ANY options on there that fit this criteria.
If you are anything like me you’ll know I stress if I don’t know where my next meal is coming from causes me unneeded stress!!
OK so I’ve been done that road and I have battled through trials and tribulations to establish best practices and it really helps me maintain my abs. Here are 5 tips that can help you too!
1. Meal Prep must be done in advance – Have you ever heard this saying? “Failure to plan, you plan to fail”. I have found this is not only the most efficient but it is the MOST successful way to eating healthy which leads to your weight loss or fitness goals. Secondly, it also leaves more money in your pocket because your not eating at restaurants all the time. Now sometimes when I do have a cheat meal when I pay around $60 for a meal in my mind I find myself saying wow with $60 I could have bought a whole bunch of chicken breast to cover another week along with lots of Asparagus.
Disclaimer: this is not meal prep
So just to give you an idea and trust me at the first prep it will be tough but it gets EASIER each time that you do it and then you find yourself just cooking and replenishing what is about to run out. So here is what I do each Sunday evening;
I take about 2 hours to prep for the next 3-4 days since I am prepping for more than just myself. Our most important macro-nutrient is protein so I always start there and get all my proteins cooked so I can get them cooling off then stored in my pan that holds it in the fridge. I then move over to my next important macro-nutrient which is my green veggies and then when its all done I combine them into the Tupperware and BOOM they are ready! My healthy fats are quick hitters like avocados, almond butter or you could choose from any of these listed here.
Now come Monday morning you can grab your containers needed for the day pack them in your meal bag and roll. So all your meals are waiting on you so your stress is gone you won’t be worrying about where your next meal is coming from non-processed and high quality fuel will be going into your tummy!
2. Plan of Action When Eating Out – OK so meal prep works but what if you have to eat out because you entertain clients? OK, your in luck some restaurants are starting to catch on and are realizing people want to eat healthy but just try your hardest to stay informed for many years many people lived by the Subway tagline of Eat Freshwhen in reality you were eating a chemical. You can read the full article here and see what chemical was in their bread. OK back to business, so when at a restaurant things you want to look for are proteins, vegetables and salads because these foods are considered high quality fuel which as a result will maintain and keep your energy levels up.
Things I would stay away from are: bread, fries, soda these will drain your energy because they are low quality foods and will be stored as fat unless you have hit your macros for the day and they fit your macros (you need to understand that meal plan if you are doing this, directions here).
3. Pack Snacks: So easy and some people miss the boat on this easy add to the daily routine some because they just did not plan and others scared because they may take in to many calories. However, having snacks actually helps you regulate your hunger so your not waiting 6-8 hours until your next meal and binge eat cause your sooooo hungry. Also by incorporating your snack in your getting quality foods in that will increase your focus and overall body responsiveness so your not staring at client with a blank stare cause your lacking fuel. Trust me use some of my favorite snacks and you will not find yourself at the vending machine grabbing a Snickers or the jalapeno chips which I know is convenient but definitely NOT healthy!
Here are some of my top favorite snacks:
- Casein protein and rice cake with almond butter
- apples and almonds,
- rice cakes with almond butter
- banana and peanut butter,
- cottage cheese and mandarin oranges,
- Greek yogurt and dried cranberries (or granola)
Take a few minutes to prep these and you won’t be eating Snickers anymore…
4. Get Our App: We are constantly updating our app and one thing many people have told me which I use the analogy a lot today is “motivation is like taking showers, we need to do it daily”. Our app has motivation from other Pumpd fans who have transformed their bodies, you can access our blog which gives recipes, tips and workouts to try. The app has workout mixes and even a section where you can submit some progress photos that can be possibly used to shout out on our Instagram page. We have some meal ideas on the app as well and even our menu is posted online in the event your needed to see what healthy smoothie you want to get next. The app works on any Apple or Android device or tablet.
Check out the app here:
The other app that is awesome if MyFitnessPal if your tracking your meals along the day it helps you check on your macros that you have taken in so far for the day.
5. Partnership! Ever heard the saying you are an average of the 5 people you associate with most? Well find someone that has similar goals as you in the fitness arena. Someone that wants to get fit with you! That my friend is the amazing thing about our #fitfam community and why you see more and more people on a daily basis using #pumpdnutrition on Instagram and facebook because the definition of fitfam is the following:
Definition of #fitfam
Fitness lovers who support one another to reach their ideal fitness goals. Many stay anonymous & use pictures to inspire & motivate one another.
A lot of the times the same struggles we may be facing today others have already overcome that and will LOVE to share their solutions with you. There is something very powerful of peer motivation it keeps us all going and helps your journey by giving it the 10x effect! Having your partner also gives you a peace of mind knowing your answers are only a text or post away!
Will it be easy to get this eating habit in place? No maybe not but will it be WORTH it? OH YES TRUST ME!!!! It only took me six months to go from this to this, here.
PS – if you enjoyed this article stay informed I write daily, give tips and help with supplement and eating go ahead and click below and get into our #fitfam community!